British Forces Antwerp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
British Forces Antwerp

Helping to bring you in touch with eachother!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memories of the canadians in Emblem

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Memories of the canadians in Emblem Empty Memories of the canadians in Emblem Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:34 am

Elke

Elke

Who can tell me something about the Canadians who stayed in Emblem camp too? I can't find that much information. When did they leave. How many Canadians lived there? Did they have a lot of contact with the British army? Did they exercise together?

2Memories of the canadians in Emblem Empty Re: Memories of the canadians in Emblem Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:11 am

Geoff

Geoff

The Canadian Army were only ever a small unit. I believe they had one shed in Emblem Sub Depot and their HQ was the small detached building that became the MI Room and later the Pay Office? (At the end of the ODA HQ block towards Depot Services).
Their single soldiers did not 'live in' like the British soldier and their vehicles were uniquely painted in gloss Olive Green rather than the BR dull matte.
And that sums up my total recollections of them. They really kept themselves to themselves.

http://www.geoffsresources.org.uk/

3Memories of the canadians in Emblem Empty Re: Memories of the canadians in Emblem Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:39 am

Geoff

Geoff

Hi Elke,
I have had some information from on line friend Al Truelove who was an exchange officer with the RAOC in 1 Armoured Div and now Director of the RCOC Museum in Montreal Canada. Al tells me:
"When 27 CIBG ( Canadian Infantry Brigade Group) was activated in late 1951 to go back to Germany barely five years after they had left; this time as NATO partners;
1 Canadian Base Ordnance Unit (1 CBOU) composed of RCOC personnel was to provide certain base and Line of Communucation troops to operate on British supply lines in BAOR.
1 CBOU was spread from 15 ABOD in Hamburg to BOD Bicester in UK. A RCOC vehicle detachment joined 17 Veh Bn RAOC at Munchen-Gladbach.
Clo and Gen stores went to No 2 GS Sub-depot at 15 ABOD near Hamburg. A small RCOC ammo det joined 454 FAD in Libeneau.
HQ 1 CBOU was relocated to Camp Emblem sometime between 52 and 54. The HQ remained in Emblem until 70-71 when the Canadian Brigade was reduced and moved south to Lahr fm Northern Germany. HQ 1 CBOU was then disbanded;"

Hope this can help.

4Memories of the canadians in Emblem Empty Re: Memories of the canadians in Emblem Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Elke

Elke

This helps Smile . What does RCOC stand for?

5Memories of the canadians in Emblem Empty Re: Memories of the canadians in Emblem Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Geoff

Geoff

Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps

6Memories of the canadians in Emblem Empty Re: Memories of the canadians in Emblem Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Elke

Elke

Sorry, that wasn't difficult Embarassed .

7Memories of the canadians in Emblem Empty Re: Memories of the canadians in Emblem Wed May 30, 2012 11:40 am

louisedolderer

louisedolderer

To Qualify for the GED testing in Arkansas you must be at least 18 years old or above and live in the State of Arkansas. You must not be enrolled in a school and you must not be a High School Graduate already. You can also take the GED test if you are 17 but only if you have a parent or Guardian’s permission and you may be able to take the Test at 16 if you are in care of a State Agency, under a court order, or in a job Corps training program. You can enroll at the age of 16 and 17 it will be solely the schools decision whether to allow you to take this program or cancel your application.

More than 6o percent of GED Test and online high school diploma takers plan to go to College. This program will help you do just that and will eventually earn you better jobs as well. Ninety-Eight percent of all colleges and universities accept GED credential, though some colleges require additional tests such as SAT or ACE. Check with the admissions offices of the colleges and universities you are interested in and have them call us for the questions.

High School Diploma Online

http://www.stanleyhighschool.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum