British Forces Antwerp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
British Forces Antwerp

Helping to bring you in touch with eachother!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Picture of children planting a tree in Emblem

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Elke

Elke

We collected a picture of children planting a tree but we don't know the occassion. Someone told me that the trees in the corner of the helicopter field are planted with a purpose but he couldn't remember why. Anyone?

Picture of children planting a tree in Emblem Plantingtree

2Picture of children planting a tree in Emblem Empty Tree planting Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 pm

John D Ireland

I remember this photograph very well as I was the Headteacher of Emblem School from 1983 -1986 and the tree planting was a personal project of mine which eventually involved the whole community. The original Year of the Tree had been in 1973 and I deceided to celebrate a decade on by planting trees in the very sparse school grounds. We eventually planted , very suitable, 83 trees donated by classes, families, units, my favourite were the two Copper Beeches donated by the RMPs ! and many other organisations. The photo features the Reception class with Luc Dils , Caretaker Extrordinaire. I f any knows his current whereabouts, I would be delighted to know so that I could contact him.
I Look forward to sharing many of the very very happy memories of the three years we spent in Belgium and Emblem in particular

Elke

Elke

Thank you! That solves a mystery. I can still add it to the book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum